Sharing data from 1 Nano to a esp-8266-E page web server

I have been trying for several weeks now to ,without much success, I might add , to send data from a water tank level controller built on a NANO to an ESP 8266 web server so I can look at this data from anywhere that has network access.
I wish to share this data thru the I2C interface by using Nick Gammon’s I2C_Anything program.
Now I had it working several years ago but when I tried to use my old program it would not compile giving me an error about “Wire.onReceive (receiveEvent)” not “‘receiveEvent’ was not declared in this scope”.
I would love to have an SD card working with this but 1 step at a time I guess .
I can share the code for both the controller module and the code I have so far for the web server.
perhaps someone will be able to see what I have either left out or added incorrectly
many thanks for your help
attached are the ino files

ESP8266_WebServer_I2C_Anything.ino (5.33 KB)

nRF24L01_Water_Level_I2C_Transmitter_OLED.ino (6.41 KB)

Please post the actual error message. Also tell us whether the error arises with the Uno or the ESP8266. And tell us what variant of ESP8266 you are using.

This simple Arduino to Arduino I2C Tutorial may be of interest. However I have not tried it with an ESP8266.

...R

PS -- WHY does your Title say "Uno to Uno" when your text says it is nano to ESP8266 ?

Because more people read about UNO's than ESP's or NANO's and the issue is exactly the same no matter which I use.
The error code does not exist just nothing being displayed on web page that is why if you read my post , that I ask you to look over the sketches and see what I need to do to make page display data
Thanks

mntlvr_66:
Because more people read about UNO's than ESP's or NANO's and the issue is exactly the same no matter which I use.
The error code does not exist just nothing being displayed on web page that is why if you read my post , that I ask you to look over the sketches and see what I need to do to make page display data
Thanks

That is clear is as mud. ::slight_smile:

mntlvr_66:

I would accept that IF you had also tried the identical code on a pair of Unos with the same result. Otherwise your comment is irrelevant and your Title should be amended to specify that actual hardware you are using. If you edit your Original Post you can change the Title.

The error code does not exist

That seems very strange as you said in your Original Post

when I tried to use my old program it would not compile giving me an error about "Wire.onReceive (receiveEvent)" not "'receiveEvent' was not declared in this scope".

There is not much point looking over code that does not compile without knowing what the compiler error message is - or even which board gives rise to the compiler error.

Help us to help you.

...R

Their must be an communication problem for i never said that I had a compile error with the code I posted so where is this mis-information coming from ?
look over the code from the transmitter and look over the code of the web server and see if you can find out why the transmitter is not sharing the data with the web server? The transmitter part actually works in controlling the tank and the web server loads just no data

Quote from your Original Post

but when I tried to use my old program it would not compile giving me an error

...R

ieee488:
That is clear is as mud. ::slight_smile:

glad you put so much thought into your response maybe someday you will get what you give
Thanks for insight

Robin2:
I would accept that IF you had also tried the identical code on a pair of Unos with the same result. Otherwise your comment is irrelevant and your Title should be amended to specify that actual hardware you are using. If you edit your Original Post you can change the Title.
That seems very strange as you said in your Original Post
There is not much point looking over code that does not compile without knowing what the compiler error message is - or even which board gives rise to the compiler error.

Help us to help you.

...R

problem has been resolved because ESP8266-Ex can not be used as the slave only the master, which means i have to use a different method

mntlvr_66:
glad you put so much thought into your response maybe someday you will get what you give
Thanks for insight

If somebody said my writing was "clear as mud" I would spend some time reviewing how I could make it crystal clear.

...R