Sharing the same COM port for two softwares

Hello everyone.

I'm having a problem sending the same information to two different and independent softwares in my computer. In this project, I have a pressure sensor which is connected to an analog pin in my arduino UNO and i want the data to be sent to MyOpenLab for monitoring and to excel for recording using the PLX-DAQ. For the connection to MyOpenLab I'm using the Firmata example, although I think it's irrelevant for this problem. It works fine if I only use one of the softwares, but when I try to connect the two, it doesn't work. Is there a way for me to use the same COM port for both softwares?

Thank you in advance.

MQS

mqs: Is there a way for me to use the same COM port for both softwares?

Probably not and, even there is, there might be easier ways. You might simply send one stream via cable and the other via Bluetooth.

It's the same data for both programs. I read the sensor data with arduino and collect the data in both programs at the same time. Is it possible to send the same stream through the cable and bluetooth at the same time? Thank you for your help!

mqs: It's the same data for both programs. I read the sensor data with arduino and collect the data in both programs at the same time. Is it possible to send the same stream through the cable and bluetooth at the same time? Thank you for your help!

No, but they will be so close together, it will look that way.

Serial.println(dadedah);
Bluetooth.println(dadedah);

Why send the data twice? Can't you somehow send it to one software (e.g. Excel), then have Excel send the data to your other software via some macro/script.