Shield couldnt connect to Wifi Network..

Hey! I am trying to connect my Arduino Uno to the network but every time I run the code it doesnt works. The serial monitor prints"Couldn’t get a wifi connection". I am using a Xpico Wifi shield, I have updated the Shield and I have the last Arduino IDE version, I have tried everything, but the problem persists, can someone help me?
The code I am using is the following:

#include <WiFi.h>
#include <SPI.h>

char ssid = “Alu”; // your network SSID (name)
char pass = “alu123”; // your network password
int status = WL_IDLE_STATUS; // the Wifi radio’s status

WiFiServer server(80);

void setup() {
// initialize serial:
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println(“Attempting to connect to WPA network…”);
Serial.print("SSID: ");
Serial.println(ssid);

status = WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);
if ( status != WL_CONNECTED) {
Serial.println(“Couldn’t get a wifi connection”);
while(true);
}
else {
server.begin();
Serial.print(“Connected to wifi. My address:”);
IPAddress myAddress = WiFi.localIP();
Serial.println(myAddress);

}
}

void loop() {

}

That wifi shield is not compatible with the wifi library.

Holy Shit :o :o ! Are you serious? How do you know it? I have spent more than 30 hours figuring out why it isn' t working! :confused:

The product info says: Flexible, Mobile-Ready, Wi-Fi Solution For Arduino Based M2M And IoT Applications Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi embedded device server is now available as an Arduino shield — a perfect match for your Arduino microcontroller board. Wi-Fi connectivity for your Internet of Things (IoT) projects can be done quickly and easily with the Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi shield for Arduino.

Arduino - Easy & Flexible Development Environment Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. A single-board microcontroller, the Arduino is intended to make the application of interactive objects or environments more accessible.

I know that because the data page on that device says it uses serial to communicate with the arduino. The wifi shield uses a HG104 or HG204 IC and uses SPI.

luis_ag: The product info says: Flexible, Mobile-Ready, Wi-Fi Solution For Arduino Based M2M And IoT Applications Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi embedded device server is now available as an Arduino shield — a perfect match for your Arduino microcontroller board. Wi-Fi connectivity for your Internet of Things (IoT) projects can be done quickly and easily with the Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi shield for Arduino.

Arduino - Easy & Flexible Development Environment Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. A single-board microcontroller, the Arduino is intended to make the application of interactive objects or environments more accessible.

Sure - and it probably does work, but you need their library for it, not the official WiFi library (which is only for the official WiFi shield or faithful clones of it).