Shield stop working after solder wires on shield

Shield stop working after solder wires on shield

So I bought the Buy Display 7" TFT resistive touchscreen.
It was working great. The library and examples that came on the page work. (unlike I never got the sainsmart working).

then I decided to solder some male to female pin connectors to the pins that are covered by the shield. Now when I plug in the arduino, nothing happens. screen don’t turn on, no green light from arduino board. But when I remove everything from the arduino board, I can upload “blink example” and it works fine.

Did I short something out with the wires I solder on?

Sounds like it.

anybody can look at the picture and guess which pins are probably the problem?

Whats at the other end of all those wires ?
The pics are not good enough to actually diagnose a bad solder issue etc.
You have it in front of you so are clearly the best person to do that check.

I prefer the

for that type of wire addition.

what is that called? do you have link to the particular one you have? thanks

Yes there are ones for almost every Arduino board.

Its always worth checking Ebay as you did but that looks a little expensive.
there are other places besides Ebay too and its often worth doing a little homework on the prices.

does it come with female pin connector and the screw terminal already soldered? (in one of the picture it shows the parts are all separated individually).

You can find them in either...
Just search the internet its not hard.

Probably about an hours soldering at best.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=arduino+mega+screw+shield&oq=arduino+mega+screw+shield&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.11961j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Reply #3 is the Mega Screwshield I offer, available in kit or assembled as pictured.
It's my design that MrsCrossRoads & I assemble & sell thru our website
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/
Contact me if you're interested in one, we ship one almost daily to somewhere in the world.

This is the current model, with extra 3.3V, 5V, and Gnd connections

Robert/CrossRoads

If it's preventing the power light on the arduino board from coming on, that implies that you've shorted 5v or 3.3v to ground...

Thanks for the input!
I tested on the the display shield. Where it is plug in to Vin and GND on the arduino board has short.
and IOREF also have short with GND.
But nothing looks wrong on the board. Did I melted the conductors internally of the board from the heat of the soldering?

nosajnil:
Thanks for the input!
I tested on the the display shield. Where it is plug in to Vin and GND on the arduino board has short.
and IOREF also have short with GND.
But nothing looks wrong on the board. Did I melted the conductors internally of the board from the heat of the soldering?

I'll bet solder flowed down through the holes and bridged those pins between the plastic part of the connector and the PCB - you would have had it with the plastic facing down, and were putting a big blob of solder on top....

Is this still fixable? (remove the plastic connector and redo everything) .
or something already got shorted and burned the board?

If you are OK with soldering etc and have the required tools etc.
People have de-soldered the headers before now with a little care to remove wires etc broken inside the headers.

BTW this was a purchase this weekend.