shield to control 50W worm gear drive?

Hey everyone, I’m working on a project that is using a 50W 12V worm gear drive. I’m new to Arduino, any suggestions for a motor controller that will handle two of these motors?

Here’s an example of what the motor looks like. http://cnlongway1.en.made-in-china.com/product/feZnsdCPwgWO/China-DC-Worm-Gear-Motor-63ZYT125-63JW-.html

Thanks!

First you have to define how you want to be able to control the motor:

Simple on/off only?

On/off with controllable variable speed in one direction only?

On/off with controllable variable speed in both directions?

The first could just be a simple $1 logic level MOSFET switching transistor controlled by an Arduino output pin.

The other two would require a motor drive shield or standalone motor controller rated for above 12vdc and 5 amps or better with heatsinking able to handle that load.

Lefty

I need speed control which I'm assuming a shield would do by PWM. Both directions.

The trouble is that most shields I've found are for 2A or less.

If I switch shields does the basic programming change or are they all basically the same?

It doesn't look like an Arduino shield. How do I connect it and control it? I don't see any instructions on the site.

Talked to my engineer and we need to be able to control 3 motors. Should I get a dual driver and a single? All 3 motors are the same.

Which Arduino would you recommend for connecting 3 of these motor controllers, an SD card reader and 4-6 load sensors?

Is there a single power supply you would recommend that would drive 3 of these motor controllers?