Shorted 5V and RST, can't identify what's wrong

When working with my arduino nano while it was plugged into my computer, I accidently shorted RST and 5V for about 2 seconds, and smelled a burning smell. The arduino nano still powers on, all of the leds work, but it will not upload code. I checked the bottom side and none of the capacitors or diodes seem damaged. What was the burning from? Did I fry the atmega328p? I am about to make a keychain out of it, figured I would see if I could fix it before I drill a hole in it.