Shorted Out? Arduino turns off

First post on this forum! Hello everyone I'm working on a project involving an LCD and I've created the first rendition of the wiring schematic it for it on a PCB. This included the potentiometer required for the adjustment of the brightness.

Basically I'm not good at soldering so I attempted my best idea of how to wire everything up. The yellows wires are the positive "rail" and the red wires are the negative. As far as I'm aware, everything is in it's correct position.

Now that it's fully together, I try to plug in the arduino and the power LED comes on, then fades out. Im assuming it's doing this because something is shorted.

This circuit worked on a breadboard which is why I'm confused as to why it isn't working now. As said before I'm not very good at soldering so my attempt at bridging is very Jimmy rigged, but the connections are there.

Looking for any advice I can get on this as I am stumped.

Thanks,
Adam

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3 top bridge is positive, second is nevative (sorry I’m having trouble with the 2mb limit)

Does it short out the power supply? Assuming it has it's own LED or fan, or other appendage. Often if shorted for just a bit, the VR will end up shorting out anything it's plugged into. The symptom with most power supplies is to turn on, then turn off.

Did you not have any green, black, or brown wire? I wonder where red means negative. If it works for you, however.

It looks like you ran + to VSS and - to VDD on the LCD module. That'll short out

Mattlogue

Yea it was just the wire colours I had for the breadboard circuit so I just decided to use them. I guess red should've been hot! Oh well. I see the mistake though. You are right about the VDD and VSS being backwards. I'll attempt to fix those and see if that solves the issue! Thanks for the help!

Hey Pistolkors, it looks like you might have an unconnected wire as well: