Should I get this wick?

Should I get this?
Is it good, also does it have flux on it?
What do you guys think I should get?

I wanna order it in 15 minutes :stuck_out_tongue: So fast answers would be nice.

This is what I was talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TechSpray-1813-5F-Desolder-Braid-210-5-3mm-Pro-Wick-Red-6-Braid-AS-5FT-/390592502050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af1209922

A quick google, found it on Mouser’s page, and there found a datasheet:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/180-122-h7.pdf

Yes, it does have flux in it.

Is it no clean flux? And how do I clean flux? off a pcb? C:
Also should I get it?

rubbing alcohol and Q-Tips

Do you think it is worth to get?
Thanks for all your fast replies!

It can be useful. There's a kind of art to that.
Sometimes I use wick, sometimes I use a "sold-a-pult" (a/k/a a "solder sucker")

That particular brand is very good.

Well, it is $4.15 each plus shipping from Mouser, or $7 shipping included from that eBay seller. I consider Mouser more reliable, and flux does age. For the small difference, and assuming you can put together a bit of an order for Mouser, I'd go with Mouser. But that's me.

When I bought some recently, I just bought one big roll of solder wick.

Often I use both. A solder sucker (I also use the Sold-A-Pult brand) to remove most of the solder, and sometimes I must follow up with solder wick.

As you say, it is an art; when you've been doing it for a while, you get a feel for which should be used and when.

polymorph:

[quote author=Runaway Pancake link=topic=180080.msg1334740#msg1334740 date=1375152016]
It can be useful. There's a kind of art to that.
Sometimes I use wick, sometimes I use a "sold-a-pult" (a/k/a a "solder sucker")

Often I use both. A solder sucker (I also use the Sold-A-Pult brand) to remove most of the solder, and sometimes I must follow up with solder wick.

As you say, it is an art; when you've been doing it for a while, you get a feel for which should be used and when.
[/quote]

it's free shipping for me.
Cause I live in USA

So it's a bad wick to get?

It's a good brand.

So go for it? :smiley:

Yes, I use it as well... but... I use it FAR less than I use my "sucker" (sold-a-pult)

I sometimes use it for excess solder.

It doesn't remove enough solder to let a component drop out of a PCB (which a sucker can do).