should i use Arduino relay shield or Arduino motor shield to control a drill (no

I am new to Arduino family and i am working on a hobby project where a drill will move a bicycle wheel p to 80 degree in anti clockwise. The issues is I am confused which one should I use with Arduino, whether should I go for Arduino relay shield or motor shield. Can any Arduino relay shield or Arduino motor shield be used to control the drill (normal 0-3000 rpm) or need to some specific? if a specific one then, could anybody direct me which one?
The summary is should I use Arduino relay shield or Arduino motor shield to control a drill (normal 0-3000 rpm)

The details you have given are not important to the question. You are missing what IS important. What is the voltage of the motor and how much current is it drawing at max load (called "stall current" on a datasheet if you have one)? Those are the two things you need to know to select a motor shield or relay shield.

Also, do you need to control the speed of the drill / motor?? If not, relays are cheap and work well.

A 2-relay board like this would allow you stop-run-reverse IF it's a reversible DC motor. http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_detail&p=218

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

See Arduino Power Control info here: http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/ArduinoPower

Turning up to 80 degrees? Will you turn the wheel from the hub or turning a small diameter shaft against the tire tread? How precise must the angle turned be?

Im curious as how you will control the degree/angle (rotation) of the drill myself?

In any sort of precise manner? usually a servo or stepper motor you can 'drive' to a specific location? (never heard of a drill motor used like this though?)

(subscribed)

One problem you will have is if the existing drill already has variable speed and direction control you will have to bypass all that and gain direct access to the motor terminals as I don't think trying to hack into the existing motor controls on the drill will be easily possible without a detailed schematic of the drill.

Then if you wish to retain bidirectional & variable speed control then you will indeed need a H-drive motor shield or module rated for the voltage and maximum current of the motor.

Lefty

I am new to Arduino family and i am working on a hobby project where a drill will move a bicycle wheel p to 80 degree in anti clockwise. Can any Arduino relay shield or Arduino motor shield be used to control the drill (normal 0-3000 rpm) or need to some specific?

If you are going to move the drill output less than one turn, then a slower than a 3000 rpm capable drill might be more practical and have more torque.