Should settings migrate from older version?

Opening a sketch created using 1.8.13 on Debian Linux, the following settings were not picked up:

• Flash Size
  • GPIO for builtin LED
Version: 2.0.0-rc2
Date: 2021-12-13T10:08:57.445Z
CLI Version: 0.20.2 [13783819]

Arduino IDE 2.x uses a completely independent system for storing user preferences. This means that things such as custom sketchbook location or "Additional Boards Manager URLs" preferences, in addition to more trivial things such as recently opened sketches or board option selections are not migrated between the 1.x and 2.x series of the Arduino IDEs.

I'm not entirely confident that I have provided a relevant answer to your question. If not, please let me know.

Seems pretty clear - thanks!

My Win-11 install did find the home sketch folder, just not all the other cores...

My primary machine is Linux, the Win-11 is a tes/BU device so I have not ventured the release candidate on the main box as it is a major workhorse.

That is because you are using the default sketchbook location. The defaults are the same from one IDE to the next. You only need to take action if you were using a custom sketchbook location in the classic Arduino IDE.

I use Windows as my primary OS because that is the one used by the majority of Arduino users, but I also have a Linux machine on hand at all times and use the new IDE on it regularly. Some of the IDE developers use Linux as their primary OS so it gets good manual testing coverage on that OS.