Sign in problem [Solved]

I know this is not the best place for that problem but I cannot reach any where
When i sign in from my iPhone i can post and see my posts and replies (to measuring the bend over of person)
When i try to sign in from pc it does not say anything is wrong but i am not signed in
Moreover I cannot see the post i posted from iPhone
Thank you for help

After I log in on my PC.. it rarely ever shows I am logged in (ie: no avatar icon in upper right corner)..

but when I refresh the page.. it DOES show..

perhaps log in and try a refresh to see if the session updates or something..

Same 'problem' here. I usually click on the 'installation and troubleshooting link" to get started and from there to "updated topics".

After that going back to the home page shows the normal stuff.

PS 1
Refresh does not always seem to work.
PS 2
You should actually post in Website and Forum - Arduino Forum

Sigh!

The code for refreshing the index pages when you return to them (using "back") is indeed, curiously erratic.

There are many problems with this forum software. For example:

If only we could be rid of that useless green bar along the top!

sterretje:
You should actually post in Website and Forum - Arduino Forum

What's the point?

I see that every time I clear all the cookies on my WIN 10 laptop. I just sign in again and all is ok till next time I clear cookies.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
I see that every time I clear all the cookies on my WIN 10 laptop. I just sign in again and all is ok till next time I clear cookies.

Paul

Well i will try that because refreshin and every thing else failed and using iPhone or galaxy tab is very consuming for my old eyes
Thank you

Being signed in is - always - held in a cookie, so flushing cookies means you are signed out.

The other frustrating thing about this forum is being signed out at some arbitrary time limit. Particularly annoying when I use no less that four devices to work from. :roll_eyes:

More than two devices seems to be tricky if one doesn't want to be logged out from one of them. I also use multiple PCs, a cell phone and one or two tablets and it can be frustrating.

I severely doubt the forum is keeping track of how many devices you have connected.

Indeed, that is the point about cookies - the forum knows your ID and (hopefully, encrypted) password and keeps track of whether you have read individual threads and such, but nothing else about you, nor does it care.

When you log in, it gives you a cookie which allocates an expiry time, but it in no way remembers the cookie - TMI! It does not know how many cookies it has given you nor their details. (This was the basis of the Firesheep ("Starbucks") attack - if the communication is not encrypted, login cookies may be stolen!) If you knew the format of the cookie you could alter the expiry time, which would be really convenient!

+1

This would be a local (per machine/device) thing.

With cookies, and local session data.