signalling problem in rf controlled robot

hi,
I have made an rf controlled robot with Arduino and I used one Arduino and that is for the transmitter,
and receiver circuit same as the original and it is connected to the motor driver,

the problem is in transmitter circuit for encoder ic I have to give ground as a signal so that the receiver decodes it.

using Arduino how can I give GND as a signal, it is working with one pin of input pins of decoder ic, if I connect another pin the motor is not working

can anyone help with this???

please

Your question lacks key details. Read the how to use this forum-please read sticky #11 to get an idea of what we need to be able to help.

okay i will explain about the problem in detail

actually, i made a wireless gesture controlled robot with rf and Arduino

in the transmitter circuit, i have used the accelerometer, Arduino nano, rf transmitter set with ht12E encoder

in Receiver circuit i used receiver circuit set with a ht12D decoder with l293d motor driver

after uploading the code accelerometer is working good

the problem is with encoder ic HT12e

according to the datasheet, the input pin should be connected to ground individually for giving the signal to the receiver

but with Arduino, I'm not getting that...

if i connect 10th pin of ht12e ic alone to the Arduino the signal is transmitted as expected but when i connect 11th pin of ht12e to very next pin of Arduino there is a problem with signal transmitting and the motor is not working

when i connect the single pin it is working as expected...

this is the problem can anyone help me???

Your question makes no sense.
A HT12E is a 4 bit encoder.
What exactly are you trying to encode ?

i don't know how to say so that u can understand!!!

ok jzt tell me how do u connect ht12e encoder to arduino and how do you write the code so that receiver will be able to read signal

jzt tell me that please

actually, i made a wireless gesture controlled robot with rf and Arduino

in the transmitter circuit, i have used the accelerometer, Arduino nano, rf transmitter set with ht12E encoder

in Receiver circuit i used receiver circuit set with a ht12D decoder with l293d motor driver

after uploading the code accelerometer is working good

the problem is with encoder ic HT12e

according to the datasheet, the input pin should be connected to ground individually for giving the signal to the receiver

but with Arduino, I’m not getting that…

if i connect 10th pin of ht12e ic alone to the Arduino the signal is transmitted as expected but when i connect 11th pin of ht12e to very next pin of Arduino there is a problem with signal transmitting and the motor is not working

when i connect the single pin it is working as expected…

this is the problem can anyone help me???

Why start a new thread for the same question as this thread.

Please provide the circuit diagram you try to use, or use one of the Application Circuits in the data sheet.

How do you want the HT12E to transmit its information?

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks... Tom... :) PS. We may be having a language problem here, what is your native language?

Without a diagram its very hard to understand what you are trying to do , so Ill try and explain how a HT12E works. There are 4 data pins , pins 10,11,12,13 which are cmos input pins and can be high,low or floating , ie not connected. There is a transmission enable pin , pin 14 which is active low, ie must be pulled low to enable the encoder. This pin is normally left high, and is only pulled low for brief periods as the 433 Mhz transmitter starts transmitting when its pulled low. There are 8 address pins which can be high,low or not connected and the decoders address pins must match. On the matching decoder HT12D, the VT pin (pin 17) goes high when a valid data tranmission is received, which means the decoders data pins now match the encoders data pins. The 4 data pins on the HT12E and the transmission enable pin are simply connected to the Arduinos output pins , and you set the transmission enable pin low and the data pins to whatever value you like when you want to send some data.

okay, i will paste the circuit diagram of transmitter circuit with accelerometer and the receiver circuit which i made is a common and universal circuit which is available on the internet.

the circuit diagram is given below

the problem is when i connect all input pins of ht12e ic to Arduino nano the circuit is unable to transmit signal and i don’t know why

if i disconnect three pins and the other pin remain connected then the signal is transmitted and the motor is
working…if i connect so the motor stops

i hope u understand my problem can anyone help
??

You missed to indicate the power to every module. Pin numbers or names also are missing on the HT12E.

The power routing to the accelerometer is nonsense.

The resistors to the data lines most probably prevent proper operation. Even if the input currents are missing from the data sheet, the "L" input voltage most probably is never reached.

Where is the 13M pot connecting to? Why 13M?

DrDiettrich: You missed to indicate the power to every module. Pin numbers or names also are missing on the HT12E.

The power routing to the accelerometer is nonsense.

The resistors to the data lines most probably prevent proper operation. Even if the input currents are missing from the data sheet, the "L" input voltage most probably is never reached.

Where is the 13M pot connecting to? Why 13M?

pin numbers i purposely doesn't indicate because there is a "U" mark on the ic so that u ppl can understand

and coming to accelerometer i activated A0 and A5 pins as power and gnd pins so you don't need to worry about it.

if you couldn't understand my problem jzt help me in one thing

jzt tell how to make rf based controlled robot using arduino uno or nano (in transmitter) with circuit diagram and code

jzt help me that thing please

I cannot help you if you don't answer my questions and don't supply required information.

Where did you get the circuit from and also the values? As Dr Diettrich says the 100K resistors serve no purpose and will prevent the low indication being reliably detected, and the 13M pot / resistor makes no sense at all. But a HT12E is not a suitable method for controlling a robot as the decoder the HT12D has too much latency. These encoder / decoder pairs are for turning on lights or remote controlled power points, not for controlling robots. Look at using something like a Nrf24l01 or a HC12 which are much faster.

Hi,
Ops circuit;
43c3b655ef91e33b093a522abe2518b60719a4d1.jpg
Did you check the data sheet for the value of the osc resistor?
What frequency are you trying to get he encoder to work at?

What are the pin labels on the HT12E please?
Which pin is the TE pin?

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile: