Silent Uninstall of older versions using SCCM 2012

I have read pages and pages of forums about a way to uninstall silently and none have worked for me.

From deleting regedit files that are not on any machines I have to the pdf of renaming a bunch of folders and manually deleting everything. (Which will not work for me due to the number of desktops).

When using the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\uninstall.exe" /S switch I get a popup that says "Warning:All Existing files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino will be deleted. This includes files and folder present before or added since you installed the Arduino software."

I have to push this to about 250 or so desktops that have a very old version (1.0.6) on it. And I have to keep the application updated when Arduino releases a new version.

How do i force it to stop putting that popup up and just uninstall it?

I already have the install fine even with the certs and drivers. That part runs silently, but I can't uninstall the old version silently.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thank you for any help.

Figured it out.

Installed the newest version (1.8.3) on a test machine and grabbed the uninstall.exe from it.

Then created a cmd file.

certutil -addstore TrustedPublisher "arduino.p7b"

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\uninstall.exe" GOTO :uninstall

else goto :install

:install
arduino-1.8.3-windows.exe /S

:uninstall

xcopy /s uninstall.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\" /Y

START /WAIT "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\uninstall.exe" /S

arduino-1.8.3-windows.exe /S

arduino.p7b is the cert for the drivers.

Then created an application using that script as the installer and it worked.

Now if an update happens I just have to download the new version and fix the application install settings on SCCM.

The uninstall with the /S flag does not work unattended. Instead, it throws a prompt about deleting everything in the Arduino folder.

This means it does not work for an enterprise Windows environment, unfortunately. This issue has existed in past versions and is still present in 1.8.9

Where can we find or download this 'arduino.p7b' cert file?