SIM5320e Invalid Memory Index

Hey, so I'm brand new to AT commands and I'm trying to get the SIM5320e module to send text messages.

I did successfully get it to send a text message which was a euphoric feeling. And then when i tried to change the content of the text it sent the same message as before - at this point i realized the SMS is being stored in the memory.

I was sending the message using Serial.println("AT+CMGW="+0123456789""), followed by the message I want to send, and sent the message using Serial.println("AT+CMSS=1"). It sent successfully.

I understand the final line means I'm sending the message from the memory index=1.

I wanted to change the message being sent so I went ahead and used the Serial.println("AT+CMGD=1") to delete the index memory. (So I think).

And from there was when the index error occured. So I dug deeper and I ended up using the command to show my memory indexes, and I had no more left. (Presumably I have deleted them as I initially had 1-4).

I now keep getting the memory index error, even reverting back to my original code which worked, and testing all the possible index numbers and changing memory storage preferences. I am assuming I need to get those memory indexes back, but I don't know how! Help would be much appreciated!!

Please read the forum sticky on how to use the forum, with particular attention on the section “6. Getting help on the forum”.

So you are using a two step option instead of sending the SMS with just AT+CMGS directly, OK.
What is the response of AT+CMGW - ERROR or OK? The OK response will contain the index of the memory location where the message has been saved: +CMGW:
You need to use that index in the AT+CMSS.