Sim800l v2 don't connect to network

Hi, I am trying to connect a sim800L V2 to network, but the led continues blinking in long time. For other way I have write this line command and all looks good.

AT
OK

AT+CPIN?
+CPIN: READY
OK

at+cops=?
+COPS: (3,"732123","732123","732123"),(3,"Occel SA","COMCEL","732101"),,(0-4),(0-2)
OK

AT+CREG?
+CREG: 0,0 -> THIS COULD BE THE KEY BUT I DON´T KNOW
OK

AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 26,0
OK

AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 27,0
OK

Note: The Serial Answer is Write down after command

• Also I have the module sim800l V2 directly connect to arduino, I don´t know if this is the reason to the problems.

In my experience the SIM800 modules are very sensitive as to how they are powered and powering them directly from the Arduino is a very common cause of problems

The only reliable way of powering them that I have found is to use a separate 5V power supply with a stable output capable of supplying 2A without the voltage dropping. The Arduino is simply not capable of doing this

I have had success powering the SIM800 from a buck converter supplied from a 12V LiPo and most recently powering it directly from a USB C charger made by a reputable manufacturer

Even then, with either of the solutions, I have needed to use short, 22AWG power cables as opposed to breadboard jumper leads otherwise the network connection is not made

If it is of any help this is the function that I am using to initialise the the SIM800

void initSIM()
{
  Serial.println(F("Initializing SMS..."));
  SIM800.print("AT + CMGF = 1\r");
  delay(1000);
  SIM800.print("AT + CMGD = 1, 4\r");
  delay(1000);
  SIM800.print("AT + CNMI = 2, 2, 0, 0, 0\r");
  delay(500);
  SIM800.println();
  Serial.println(F("SIM initialised"));
}
1 Like

@alejogiraldoo
note that SIM800 is supports 2g specifications only, so the both network and SIM should be 2G compatible

Hi, thanks for answer. I have been thinking that the reason is the power, I have a lithium 3.7 battery and I am gonna see if I can hight voltage with a source elevator DC-DC SX1308. The problem is that I don´t have a voltimeter and its a risk to burn off modulo ( I would like that you tell me a way to resolve that), For other way I have registred the modulo with IMEI (is not ready, I am waiting a provider answer to see if check out) but I guess that module can connect not matter if is registred, BUT DON´T CONNECT.

Can you tell me, how is the 12v lipo connected with the sim800l v2 (connect wire)?

The 12V supply goes through a buck converter. This reduces the voltage to 5V which is then used to power the sim800 via it 5V input pin. The GND pin of the sim800 is connected to the common GND connection of the project

what is a buck converter ?

https://gprivate.com/63ni9 will tell you all you need to know

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.