SIM808 DOESNT TURN ON

I maked a program with arduino and sim808, everything was allrigth, they was working perfect. So i remove from pc and i went turn on, i used a battery 12v like power source and a connect de bat to the sames inputs (808 and arduino) the power leds of sim808 turns on, but e when i press the powerbutton to turn on, nothing happens, the another leds dont light up, only the power led, what can be? (I already try to turn on sim808 only and it not working, please, help me

i used a battery 12v like power source and a connect de bat to the sames inputs (808 and arduino)

Exactly WHICH inputs did you put 12V to? Can you make a drawing with the exact pins you hooked up to?

Are we talking about this product? https://www.adafruit.com/product/2637 If so how did you connect 12V to it? You might have damaged it.

tinman13kup: Exactly WHICH inputs did you put 12V to? Can you make a drawing with the exact pins you hooked up to?

I didnt use any pins, just the P4 jacks, where is the voltage regulator, take a look on the illustrative image: |500x500

Im sure that i connect positive with positive and gnd with gnd. But just the power leds turn on, when i push the button nothing happen.

Can you supply a link to that board? how is it attached to the Arduino?

Grumpy_Mike: Can you supply a link to that board? how is it attached to the Arduino?

Doesnt matter how is it attached to the Arduino... Im using sim's tx in arduino's rx and sim's rx in arduino's tx, but whatever cause the sim808 turns on without serial connection...

I cannot make out the mfg of the board, but I did make out 5-20V input.

I'm thinking you have a software issue. You had both hooked to a computer via USB. I'm thinking they were communicating through USB, and with it removed, they are not communicating.

You might want to try hooking it back up to USB to verify, then post your COMPLETE code (use code brackets) .

Some links

www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-Quadband-SIM808-GPS-GSM-GPRS-Module-Board-L-shape-Antenna-Replace-SIM908-/172280978860?hash=item281cbf1dac:g:LoAAAOSwdzVXkbXe

www.prometec.net/sim808/

j_serep:
Doesnt matter how is it attached to the Arduino…

OK so it doesn’t matter that I don’t want to help uncooperative people that only tell you half the story.

Goodby.