SIM900 FTP issue

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. But then arduino forums have always helped me out. I am trying to upload a text file to my ftp server using SIM900 module and arduino. Before interfacing the module with arduino, I thought it would be wise to do a bit of testing through hyper terminal. I used this page from cooking hacks as reference for my FTP operation:

http://www.cooking-hacks.com/documentation/tutorials/arduino-gprs-gsm-quadband-sim900#step6

As per the page I tried out the AT commands over hyperterminal. The command summary is as follows: AT OK AT+SAPBR=3,1,"Contype","GPRS" OK AT+SAPBR=3,1,"APN","APN" OK AT+SAPBR=1,1 OK AT+FTPCID=1 OK AT+FTPSERV="ftp.resnova.in" OK AT+FTPPORT=21 OK AT+FTPUN="test@resnova.in" OK AT+FTPPW="hellothere123!" OK AT+FTPPUTNAME="hey.txt" OK AT+FTPPUTPATH="/" OK AT+FTPPUT=1 OK

+FTPPUT:1,1,1300 AT OK AT+FTPPUT=2,100 +FTPPUT:2,100

What I understand is from the code provided @ cooking hacks is that AT+FTPPUT=2,100 allows you to upload 100 bytes of data to the file. But the problem is that my hyper terminal window freezes after receiving the "+FTPPUT:2,100" response. As far as my understanding goes, it should be possible to type in a string which will be written to the txt file after receiving +FTPPUT:2,100. But then all I have is a freeze. Any ideas?

My final objective is to upload a small image file from the sd card to ftp. Any idea on how to do this. Can I just read out some sort of bit stream from the image file and use it after AT+FTPPUT=2,100 (100 as to be adjusted as per the need). Any ideas?

Thanks and regards

I fixed it. The problem was that it was simply taking the time to transfer the data to ftp.