Simon says Game Error

Hello i just recently switched from windows to linux because i always been a ubuntu fan and always wanted to learn so i took the chance. I recently seen a youtube video on arduino Simon says game. so i breadboard it and me with my lack of coding skilled i came up with a small error saying

/home/bigbleu/sketchbook/libraries/Tone/Tone.cpp:26:20: fatal error: wiring.h: No such file or directory
#include <wiring.h>
compilation terminated.

I did check and i know i have the wire.h library in the Sketch book but not sure why its not there i also found that the guy who i guess mod it or made it posted in the the arduino forum http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,8445.0.html i can’t figure out what’s wrong can someone please help me out? thank you,

That's not the Wire library, that's wiring.h. It's one of the core files. It has been replaced with Arduino.h. That library must be out of date with the version of the IDE you are using. If you change the include in your file from wiring.h to Arduino.h it should fix the problem.

ohhhhhhh. i didn't know it i follow a video on youtube i really didn't see what version of the arduino it is. it's the only video that i can get the arduino to work. thank you i will try to update it if i can figure out how.

Hello does anyone know how i can upgrade to the newest arduino ide in ubuntu please?

josephchrzempiec: Hello does anyone know how i can upgrade to the newest arduino ide in ubuntu please?

How did you install it in the first place ?

However, that is not likely to be the problem. It sounds like the program and/or library were written for an earlier version of the IDE so what you need to do is to change the program and/or the library to match the later version of the IDE.

As was suggested in reply #1

If you change the include in your file from wiring.h to Arduino.h it should fix the problem.

hello UKHeliBob i installed it by the ubuntu software center program that is part of arduino.

i installed it by the ubuntu software center program that is part of arduino.

This is a wild guess on my part, but if you really want to upgrade to the newest version of the Arduino IDE then surely you would use "the ubuntu software center program that is part of arduino"

I am still not convinced that is what you need to do to solve your problem. Have you tried what was suggested in reply #1 ?

Hello yes i have looked at #1 replay but one problem I’m having is in ubuntu i can not find the library its some place i try to search for it. and google it i think i found it and i will look into replacing the library. thank you.

Read reply #1 carefully. It is not suggesting installing a new version of the IDE or library.