Simple Actuator Program

Hi, this should be the easiest question on here for today. I did some stuff with Arduino in college but apparently I have completely forgotten. I have a simple actuator that all I want to make it do is go forward and come back. Nothing complicated. I think the wiring is pretty straightforward, but I cant get this to work. let me know if im doing this right and where my error is please haha. my code is below

const int forward = 2;
const int backward = 12;

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
pinMode(forward,OUTPUT);

}

void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
digitalWrite(forward, HIGH);
delay(10000);

}

Since we have no idea what actuator that you are using, how it is wired to your mystery Arduino, what you want to do with it nor what the code is actually doing that is not what you want, it is not possible to answer your question. "it does not work" is not a good description of your problem.

Read the how to use this forum-please read stickies to see how to properly post code and how to ask a good question.

new2this:
Hi, this should be the easiest question on here for today. I did some stuff with Arduino in college but apparently I have completely forgotten. I have a simple actuator that all I want to make it do is go forward and come back. Nothing complicated. I think the wiring is pretty straightforward, but I cant get this to work. let me know if im doing this right and where my error is please haha. my code is below

const int forward = 2;
const int backward = 12;

void setup() {
pinMode(forward,OUTPUT);

}

void loop() {
digitalWrite(forward, HIGH);
delay(10000);

}

new2this:
I have a simple actuator that all I want to make it do is go forward and come back....

the code you posted does not reflect that!!!!

something like this would have make more sense for what you want to achive:

const int forward = 2;
const int backward = 12;

void setup() {
  pinMode(forward, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(backward, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(forward, LOW);
  digitalWrite(backward, LOW);
}

void loop() {