simple alarm clock with snooze if possible

hello,
my idea is to create a simple alarm clock for the arduino uno using the following:
1 LCD screen
1 blinking LED
1 fade LED
multiple resistors
a peizo element
a pentometer (for LCD)
all connected to a small breadboard. so my question is are there any simple codes out there that could help me i have looked at quite a few such as:

1. http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Time
  2. other resources found on this forum for a clock
    however i can’t seem to manage to find anything that will work for me…
    any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:
    i have attached a picture of the scheamatic i have planned on using, i am open to any suggestions on this also.

smsasils:
I have attached a picture of the schematic i have planned on using, I am open to any suggestions on this also.

That's good. It is total rubbish.

I don't know why you would want to emulate a $5 alarm clock, but the rule with experimentation here is that you start by learning how to connect the LCD to the Arduino and display a simple message.

I have no idea why you have the LCD wired like that but it will not work.

If you are using 4 bit communication (and almost everybody does) use the 4 highest bits (D4 to D7).

Do not connect anything else like switches to the LCD data lines.

If you want to keep time you will need a real time clock.

however i can’t seem to manage to find anything that will work for me…

You’ll need to start with some example code and/or the Arduino Programming Language Reference, and develop your own code from there.

The trick is to understand the example code and then write/develop your code (or modify the example code) one or two lines at a time. Do NOT try to write the whole program/sketch before test-compiling and test-running.

And, break-down project into smaller parts… For example, make it write something “simple” to the LCD, then maybe make it count seconds, then make it show real-time. Then, add some buttons for setting time. Break the project into small parts and work on one part at a time…

The basic logic for the snooze function would be an if-statements… If the alarm is turned-on and the snooze button has been pushed, and the current time is more than 10 minutes past the original alarm time, sound the alarm again…

You can make a clock entirely in software, but many people get a Real Time Clock module (RTC) which has a built-in battery and runs continuously in the background. Then, your Arduino only has to read the RTC every second or so, and it can focus on driving the LCD and monitoring the buttons, etc. (Computers have RTC modules.)