Simple bluetooth garage door opener

Hi , I am very new to this but keen to learn , I want to be able to use my Android phone to open my garage door , the door has a gnd &OSC[open stop close] terminals there is 3.24v running from these. Can i use an arduino BT with a transistor on an output pin to complete the circuit...? thanks H

think so,

How familiar are you with electronics and SW development? You need to do some both on Arduino and on your Android phone.

additional requirements: - close the door too :) - send a secure code that differs per time => so if the code is intercepted during the day it can't be used in the night. - learning mode - multiple androids for one garage door (kids/wife/dog whatever) - multiple garage doors with one application (code send depends on geo location) - depending on time of day the arduino switches also lights on/off - add timeslots when this app may work (e.g. it will only work between 06:00-23:00 over bluetooth)

I would start with 0) go throught the tutorial section of arduino.cc to learn about the platform 1) an Arduino opening the door 2) closing the door 3) learn about bluetooth & serial communication 4) develop the android app (might take several steps in itself) 5) merge both of them 6) think over the security algorithm 7) do 6 again ;) 8) implement the security algorithm 9) test it

Can i use an arduino BT with a transistor on an output pin to complete the circuit...?

Yes but better use some relays because that separates the circuits.

Thanks for the info, it is a great help