Simple guide for inserting images in a post

larryd: Being old and lazy, I just want to:

I suspect you are not as lazy as you pretend so maybe you could take a few minutes to write a Reply that explains to people how to size and position an image. I can then mention it in my Original Post

...R

Robin2: I will put the text from Reply #13 into a new Reply...

Perfect.

larryd: Bookmarked.

...cross-linked and sticky-swapped.

Robin2:
I suspect you are not as lazy as you pretend so maybe you could take a few minutes to write a Reply that explains to people how to size and position an image. I can then mention it in my Original Post

…R

Maybe something from this post, see bottom image, <— click me:

<— click me

larryd: Maybe something from

How about sharing the work by turning "maybe something from" into a self-contained Reply here so that I can put a link in my Original Post that says "Reply #XX explains how to size and position images"

...R

I have specific problems trying to use links from Google Photos. I think I know why, the link damn site uses is not to an image, but to a frame. Maybe drive doesn't screw with things...

mattlogue:
I have specific problems trying to use links from Google Photos. I think I know why, the link damn site uses is not to an image, but to a frame. Maybe drive doesn’t screw with things…

Some picture hosting sites are specifically designed so their images cannot be embedded in other web pages. That is not an Arduino Forum problem.

…R

Most cameras (including smartphones) include EXIF data in their JPG files and the Forum software seems not to like that.

If you find that your attempt to upload a JPG is rejected then a simple solution is either to convert the image to a PNG file with your photo-editing program or make a completely new JPG file from a selected part of the original.

…R