Simple (I think) Timer

I have never attempted an Arduino project before and there seems to be a ton of Arduino options, so before I purchase the wrong stuff I thought I would ask for some pointers.

I would like to build a timer that notifies my son with some timers. For instance:

1) Start the shower 2) After 5 mins notify him to shampoo and rinse 3) After 5 mins notify him to wash with soap and rinse 4) After 5 mins get out of the shower 5) Stop the shower 6) Dry off 7) After 5 mins brush your teeth 8) After 2 mins stop brushing 9) Get dressed 10) ...

The notifications could be his mother's voice recorded and replayed through a speaker. Not sure what is possible. I am sure there are some phone apps, but I am trying to use this as a learning exercise for me, my son and my daughter. It will need to be water proof. An LCD of some type might be a nice addition.

I have a software background, but not necessarily an electronics background. Eventually, I might want to integrate with AWS IoT via Z-wave (or similar) for some additional learning.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah, this shouldn't be too complicated of a project.

Here's what I would use:

Power: -3S 12V LiPo battery

Arduino: -Mega

Sound: -DFPlayer (MP3 player) -1K resistor -20W Class D Audio Amplifier (MAX9744) -20W speaker (example)

The only other things you'd need are the housing for the electronics (should be waterproof if using in the bathroom) and the code.

Make a 30 minute long MP3. Play through an MP3 player.

aarg: Make a 30 minute long MP3. Play through an MP3 player.

Not very fun, creative, or flexible solution :(

ugadawg90: I have never attempted an Arduino project before and there seems to be a ton of Arduino options, so before I purchase the wrong stuff I thought I would ask for some pointers.

I would like to build a timer that notifies my son with some timers. For instance:

1) Start the shower 2) After 5 mins notify him to shampoo and rinse 3) After 5 mins notify him to wash with soap and rinse 4) After 5 mins get out of the shower 5) Stop the shower 6) Dry off 7) After 5 mins brush your teeth 8) After 2 mins stop brushing 9) Get dressed 10) ...

The notifications could be his mother's voice recorded and replayed through a speaker. Not sure what is possible. I am sure there are some phone apps, but I am trying to use this as a learning exercise for me, my son and my daughter. It will need to be water proof. An LCD of some type might be a nice addition.

I have a software background, but not necessarily an electronics background. Eventually, I might want to integrate with AWS IoT via Z-wave (or similar) for some additional learning.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

check this device to control showers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzdXiNln0QU

you have it in Spain