Simple igbt pmdc controller

Hello to all, this is my very first time using any kind of microcontroller.... that being said I have no idea what to expect. When I was a young lad I started learning qbasic Making games and questionnaire's and what not... now In the little spare time I have I've made some Switch mode toys and some other stuff. But on to the topic at Hand.. i kinda understand the structure of the IDE but i have a book that will help me a grate deal I am sure, but the real problem is that I am not sure of what to do next. (The problem).... I have recently made an e-bike, and I now want to make some kind of logic for the power control Electronics A bit about the bike, it started out life over sea's in the 70s, it was a 1971 the suzuki tc125 dual sport trail bike.. and is now outfitted with a lynch axial flux DC motor (D135RAG) the motor's peak currant is 400 amps @96 volts. The battery is capable of producing a 10-second pulse at 600 amps. Being a man of logic I have settled at a convertible 200-amp peak, when the igbt module I have selected it is more than capable of doing. In my research I've come to find out that a fuse will not blow fast enough to protect semiconductor Power Electronics. And so I've got to the land of Arduino. So first things first I'm not the brightest guy in the world but I am pretty clever. I've purchased a hall effect current sensor part #L01Z400S05-274998. The burning question I have now, is what about the code??.... I have gotten as far as making a potentiometer controlled duty cycle oscillator @7.8khz but not much further than that. I guess what I'm asking help for is how to arrange a small section of code. What my goal is, to use the potentiometer as a throttle input , when the hall effect current sensor has detected a peak current of 200 amps,the Arduino using the what ever the code maybe in such a way that it will adjust the mark space ratio to limit can I fast enough that the peak output current to 200 amps max.... I'm even willing to pay someone to help me. Thanks in advance for any kind of comments advice and or criticism....