Simple Lighting; Help?

Hey guys, I have made a schematic about how I will control my new room LED lights through an Arduino Uno. Tell me if it would work or not please, and if you could include improvements, that would help. There are two switches, they will turn the lights on and off, switch 1 will be in charge of 6 LED going high, and switch 2 will turn led 7 on. The idea is, once the lights are turned on, they power transformers, which power the Arduino and register a digital pin HIGH, which turn the LED on, also it will be able to be controlled by a computer, controlling each light separately (I could use some help with the code too).

I am not sure how you are getting -12v when you tie it to a 230v line ?

also, the PN2222 are N type, the LED should be on the +12 side and the transistor brings to ground to complete the circuit.

Looks like one leg of each bridge rectifier is not connected. The output of the bridge rectifier is neither filtered nor regulated. You show simple LEDs but show no means of regulating current. Looks like you have Vcc, Vcc1, and Gnd all connected (just to the left of the Arduino). You only show one wire coming from 230VAC so there is no return path. What are the ratings of the two transformers?

Hi, what experience/knowledge do you have of;
Ohms Law
Electricity
Electronics
Arduino
Programming

Your answers will help to answer your questions so you will understand.

Tom...... :slight_smile:

dave-in-nj:
I am not sure how you are getting -12v when you tie it to a 230v line ?

also, the PN2222 are N type, the LED should be on the +12 side and the transistor brings to ground to complete the circuit.

Thanks for that, I was quite confused about the difference before.

johnwasser:
Looks like one leg of each bridge rectifier is not connected. The output of the bridge rectifier is neither filtered nor regulated. You show simple LEDs but show no means of regulating current. Looks like you have Vcc, Vcc1, and Gnd all connected (just to the left of the Arduino). You only show one wire coming from 230VAC so there is no return path. What are the ratings of the two transformers?

The whole power part is very rough, its basically 230V AC, going into two step down circuits (I was on my laptop and couldn't find any symbols for a step-down transfer), in reality, the rectifier and transformer will be pre built, a basic phone charger taken apart. As for not showing a return path, that is just bad practise on my part. Regulating current is not an issue, it is predetermined and should work, as I bought the LED spotlights (downlights) with a transformer and they have resistors built into the bulb.

TomGeorge:
Hi, what experience/knowledge do you have of;
Ohms Law
Electricity
Electronics
Arduino
Programming

Your answers will help to answer your questions so you will understand.

Tom...... :slight_smile:

Ohms Law: Check
Electricity: Check
Electronics: (subjective really, but oh well) Partial
Arduino: (6/10)
Programming: Check.