Simple question about LED for blinking a led on and off

I went to radio shack today and bought the 220 1/4 watt resister but they said their was not enough information to sell me the led. Do anyone has a radio shack part number for me or the correct spec I can print out and show them.

Dennis

For a simple sketch like BLINK the 220 ohm resistor and this RadioShack.com Official Site - America's Technology Store would work.

Context is everything when trying to get answers to questions.

CBMDennis:
... and bought the 220 1/4 watt resister

"the 220... resistor"?

This implies you are following some kind of guide or book. Maybe it would be helpful to know what book or guide that is, in order to answer your question. (In this case, maybe not so important, but I'm sure you'll have others.)

CBMDennis:
I went to radio shack today and bought the 220 1/4 watt resister but they said their was not enough information to sell me the led. Do anyone has a radio shack part number for me or the correct spec I can print out and show them.

Dennis

Wait.... radio shack today and they allowed you to buy a "220 ohm resistor" 1/4th watt resistor.

So let me get this straight... they Refused to sell you an LED? but were perfectly happy to sell you a single 220 ohm resistor?!

omg, that's just shocking... a person could make time, travel and be refused an LED? but sell you a resistor?

To answer the rest of the question to this puzzle.

Let's assume it's a regular LED, then 220 ohm resistor would allow you to drive an LED
safely from an Arduino or any OTHER 5v voltage source that is capable of delivering the
current AND voltage (EG, greater than it's VF drop) ...

So then...

5v-2v/220
13.6ma current draw, this is well within tolerance of the 40ma max limit from an Arduino pin.

220 Ohm will let you use almost any common LED.