simple stepper motor sketch

is there any sketches around to control a stepper motor ie:foward with one button and reverse with another?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

If you look in the IDE, under Files, Examples, find stepper and there you will have some example stepper code.

Tom… :slight_smile:

Pls use the search function of the forum - this topic has been addressed about a dozen times and more.

true but theres nothing there that does what i asked!!

That's the great thing about open source - you can learn by taking something that almost does what you want, and make it do exactly what you want.

paul_larner:
true but theres nothing there that does what i asked!!

The IDE already comes with sketches for stepper motors and buttons.

You just need to actually do a few clicks of the mouse to put them together.

Have a look at the second example in this Simple Stepper Code

...R
Stepper Motor Basics

cheers robin,just what i was after,yours was about the only helpfull reply i got,seems a lot of folk up here are that far up there own asses there boots are on there chin! many thanks 73 paul.

Hi,

paul_larner:
is there any sketches around to control a stepper motor ie:foward with one button and reverse with another?

paul_larner:
cheers robin,just what i was after,yours was about the only helpfull reply i got,seems a lot of folk up here are that far up there own asses there boots are on there chin! many thanks 73 paul.

You did not tell us you knew nothing about stepper motors.
To quote, you asked for a specific sketch,
It was only after your second post did we have a hint of an idea that you knew nothing about steppers.
Welcome to the Forum
Tom...... :slight_smile:

paul_larner:

Just skip the stepper motors and hook those power lines right up to random areas of your frontal lobe and wake up some of those manners.

@INTP:

It's not worth to waste our time about those couch potatoes, who don't get their asses up.
They expect others to do their job based on a typical XY problem.

paul_larner:

sp. "helpful", "their boots are on their chins"
Sheesh.