simple still camera

I am trying to have an arduino take 5-15 still pictures in a 10 second span.

Raspberry pi, buy the camera and run raspistill on an interval - easy as pie. Arduino, so many options and possibilities! I like the flexibility, but it can be a little overwhelming. I plan on storing to a microsd fat16, easy enough. But the rest is totally open - type of camera, ntsc vs pal, i2c, spi whatever. Where should I start? What is an easy and reasonable way to accomplish this!

Thanks!

Start by browsing the forum and see what others have done. I think OV760 is a camera that will take still shots and has a library for arduino to capture the picture.

OV7670

Look at this too http://www.ladyada.net/make/IoTcamera/

You haven mentioned if you have the interface cable. Do you plan to purchase a female jack to plug the audio cable into and wire the jack to the arduino ? (somehow)

Are you responding in the right place? What does audio have to do with still shots?

Are you responding in the right place? What does audio have to do with still shots?

The shutter release cable is a standard mono plug commonly used for audio. It's not an "audio" cable, it's a cable with mini plugs on it . Most photographers would know I meant the shutter cable. Let's just call it a mono mini plug. (I don't know the size)

I think we're talking different cameras then. You're suggesting controlling the shutter of a commercial, complete camera like a Nikon or something it seems. I'm suggesting the camera guts that one integrates into a design, and can extract the content of a picture from.

I've never heard of that . Do you mean like a GO PRO ?

For mine, see the adafruit link I posted. For yours, many cameras & flash units can be triggered by pulling a pin low.

Oh, ok. That's like an inexpensive FPV Quadcopter camera. except it can' t be used for flight control because it isn' t video.

raschemmel:

The shutter release cable is a standard mono plug commonly used for audio. It's not an "audio" cable, it's a cable with mini plugs on it . Most photographers would know I meant the shutter cable. Let's just call it a mono mini plug. (I don't know the size)

Let's call it a "stereo mini plug (2.5mm)"

Let's call it a "stereo mini plug (2.5mm)"

Are you sure it's stereo ? Shutter release is an SPST application. There would be no reason to use a stereo plug if all you want to do is close a single set of contacts.

My DSLRs have 2.5mm stereo jacks - one set of contacts for focus, and the other for shutter release.

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.