Simpler solution to using 8 resistors

I have a project with 8 led's and thus, 8 resistors. One for each LED. Is there some type of device or anything that puts many resistors into a small package that would suit my needs for this project? Hopefully it's also just as affordable.

Perhaps this?

8 resistors
16 pin dip package

Note that resistor networks (I don't know if that's the correct term in English for that) may take less space (common lead, small package) but may be more expensive than 8 individual resistors.

Sacha22:
Note that resistor networks (I don't know if that's the correct term in English for that) may take less space (common lead, small package) but may be more expensive than 8 individual resistors.

I'm using some metal film resistors and just buying them individually. They're 9 cents each. So price is pretty close.

You can get multi-channel constant current LED drivers too, no resistors needed then.

There are 2 common types of resistor packs. On has individual-isolated resistors, for example 8 resistors in a 16-pin DIP package.

It's also common to have all of the resistors connected together to a common pin, for example 15 resistors in a 16-pin DIP package.

Page 2 of [u]this datasheet[/u] shows the schematics (and a 3rd variation which is not as common).

DIP and SIP are popular for hobbyist use, and there are smaller surface mount packages.

Yes, SIP networks are available:

Use an LED driver chip. The MAX6971 can drive 16 LEDs with only one resistor to set the current. It also only needs 3 Arduino pins to control all those LEDs.

8 LEDs is pushing the maximum current capabilities of the Arduino chip. You won’t be able to get them all to full brightness without exceeding the maximum rating.

red913:
I'm using some metal film resistors and just buying them individually. They're 9 cents each. So price is pretty close.

You can get 1000+ resistors on ebay for around 10€. That's ebay, so you can have bad surprises sometimes but I haven't had a problem with mine so far.

If you are an amateur, and only building one, two, or a few circuits then the cost will be vaguely similar for 8 individual resistors, or for a resistor network.

However, if you are making 10s of thousands per day , then there will be significant savings.