Simplest HID?

Hello friends, I have this basic question...

What would be the simplest way to interface digital and analog components (switches, potentiometers, leds, 7 segment displays, etc) with an USB port?

My goal is to replicate a plane panels, I made some progress in the past working with arduino but I would like to make every panel to work separately and also to have the code in the chip rather than having to load it every time.

Is there a simple USB-HID that someone with very limited electronic knowledge can build?

I need a lot of inputs/outputs but I guess I can always separate a panel in multiple devices.
What I really want is to make this as simple and reliable as possible.

Thanks in advance!

To pick the simplest, first you need to list the realistic possibilities, then rank them.

I suggest to start by clearly defining "plane panel".

Jay98:
Hello friends, I have this basic question...

What would be the simplest way to interface digital and analog components (switches, potentiometers, leds, 7 segment displays, etc) with an USB port?

use some sort of microcontroller to read the devices and then send them to the USB port.

I need a lot of inputs/outputs

the Arduino can do a lot of I/O'

not sure... but there may be a bit of information that would clarify what you are trying to do.

The Teensy has the best integration with flight simulators out-of-the-box. Get a Teensy 3.5 if you have a lot of switches. While it is a 3.3V processor, it will not be destroyed if you put 5V on any I/O pin.

If you are using FSX and want to use Arduino to interface with a home made panel, have a look at link2fs at the link below:

http://www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.html

John_S:
If you are using FSX and want to use Arduino to interface with a home made panel, have a look at link2fs at the link below:

jimspage.co.nz

As I mentioned, I was using arduino, interfacing it with FSX using my own software, but as I also mentioned I want to make every panel to work standalone as plug & play as possible.

MorganS:
The Teensy has the best integration with flight simulators out-of-the-box. Get a Teensy 3.5 if you have a lot of switches. While it is a 3.3V processor, it will not be destroyed if you put 5V on any I/O pin.

Thank you, I been considering these boards for a while, the problem is they are a bit expensive for my budget, about half minimum wage here were I live :frowning:
I was hoping to find something similar but cheaper.

I looking for a simplest way/(simplest code) to turn an Arduino Micro Pro to a gamepad.
I saw the NicoHood/HID Project and MMjoy/mmjoy_en at GitHub. Both are relative simple to use, but ...

is it possible to make only one .INO file with USB-HID-Handshake in void setup() or something like that?

Jay98:
Thank you, I been considering these boards for a while, the problem is they are a bit expensive for my budget, about half minimum wage here where I live
I was hoping to find something similar but cheaper.

The Pro Micro has less capability, but can implement HID and is quite inexpensive.

This USB joystick/gamepad library works on Arduino Leonardo, Micro, Pro Micro, and Due.

This library can be used with Arduino IDE 1.6.6 (or above) to add one or more joysticks (or gamepads) to the list of HID devices an Arduino Leonardo or Arduino Micro (or any Arduino clone that is based on the ATmega32u4) can support. This library will also work with the Arduino Due, thanks to @Palakis. A complete list of supported boards can be found in the Wiki. This will not work with Arduino IDE 1.6.5 (or below) or with non-32u4 based Arduino devices (e.g. Arduino UNO, Arduino MEGA, etc.).