Simulate button pressed

Hi guys,

I'm new there, so hello everybody :slight_smile:

I'm using two arduino that communicate throught a RS-485 protocol. I have a pcb camera with osd that use a "joystick" to control that osd (up, down, left, right, press). On the pcb camera i have 5 pin "exit" that correspond each one to a command (up, down, ...) and a ground pin. Normally the joystick put one of that 5 3.3V to the ground. (no resistor just a contact between 3.3V and gnd).

I'm now able to get the command from that joystick (it is just 5 buttons) on the "tx" arduino.

The question is how (from code) can I simulate the pression of a button on the "rx" arduino? I just think that i can use 5 relays, each for a command (up, down, ...)... but is really a too basic non electronic solution... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you :slight_smile:

I’d probably try something like this.

The diodes are to protect the camera from the 5v available from the arduino I/O pins.
The resistors are to protect the Arduino from too much current being drawn. Something like 120 ohm should suffice.

Sending a LOW to the relevant pin should simulate the appropriate joystick action.

justASuggestion.JPG

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Thank you very much, I just test it, it works perfectly :slight_smile:

@mods you can close

mau792:
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Thank you very much, I just test it, it works perfectly :slight_smile:

@mods you can close

Great. Lucky guess eh?

Sometime we need some chance… Be positive :smiley:

However I post a picture of all the sys for the other.

Black-White-Grey-Violet-Blue (5 joystick signal)
Green-Yellow (Servos PWM from arduino)
Orange +5V (servos)
Red :grinning: GND
Brown +12V (camera)

the pcb has also a balun for transmitt long distances video :slight_smile:

mau792:
@mods you can close

Threads here don't get closed. It's suggested that you go to the opening thread and modify the subject to include [solved] or [answered] or similar. Make sure it's the opening thread though...