Simulate Mylar Keypad

I have an oven control board that I am trying to control from an Arduino. I have the cable schematics for the mylar key panel ribbon cable that connects to the oven control board.

Conductors 1, 4, 8, 10 on the oven control board are grounds while the rest of the pins on the control board output 5v.

I would I interface the Arduino with the control board. I’m mainly interested in finding a way to trigger the bake function, and I think I can figure out the rest from there.

I have attached a copy of the pin configuration for the oven control board.

Thanks!

You want to cross-connect four rows (1, 4, 8, 10) and seven columns (2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11). I would do it with CMOS analog selectors such as the CD4051B (eight-channel). Take two and connect the COM (Common) pins together. Then by feeding addresses to the two chips you can connect any of eight rows to any of eight columns. Set the INH pins HIGH while you change address pins, them pull them LOW to connect through.

Since you only need four of the eight rows you can leave address pin C grounded on the row selector. That give you INH, RowA, RowB, ColA, ColB, ColC to connect to the Arduino's data pins. Six pins altogether.