Simulator for Arduino is not able to work with port manipulation programs

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, but I used Arduino on a basic level in the past. Recently I've been using a program called "Simulator for Arduino", to run my Arduino Due programs, the simulator works well if I use Arduino examples and other programs using the Standard Arduino programming functions; but, unfortunately, this simulator is not able to work if I load a program using port manipulation. Here below you can see an example of the error:

Sketch Error - Unable to find PIOB
Line 38: PIOB -> PIO_PER = PIO_PB27;

I wanted to see if anyone has been dealing with the issue and if some can provide me a possible solution.

I have been trying to add Arduino Due header files by using include (see below), but this makes no big change

#include "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.12\system\CMSIS\Device\ATM.EL\sam3xa\include\component\component_pio.h"

Thank you in advance any help is more than welcome!

Welcome to the forum

Please read the How to get the best out of this forum

Next time please provide links to non-Arduino components e.g. the simulator and its documentation. You already have this information so we do not need to search for that.

Did you look trough the Simulator documentation? For instance I found that the simulator does not support pointers.

Looks like that is what you are trying to do by using the -> operator.

May I ask why you use the simulator? The real thing is much more fun. Simulators for microcontrollers are out of fashion for quite some time now. In circuit debugging is cheap and 100% accurate even the bugs are fully "simulated". :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.