Single digit, Seven segment Numitron program and pcb design needed.

Thanks for clearing that up. The three bar idea was what i was talking about, sounds great.

So one button for time display; one button for date display; and one of those long press for battery indicator. That's about all the functionality that can be squeezed out of this hardware.

Wil these buttons still have a way to set the time?

Good one.
Never thought about that part, would be a neat feature I guess.

We'd have a long press available on the other button to go into time set mode. Then one button to increment a number, rolling over at 9 or whatever is sensible for that field, and the other to go to the next field.

So when the time is say 2008-01-14 13:23, the first 20 can be skipped of course (whoever is around to use the thing past 2100 will have to amend the software), then go through it digit by digit. That's not too hard to implement.

Can we have it 12 hour mode?

Of course. Just get an extra P/A field.

Sorry feel really dumb. I dont know what a P/A field is.

PM/AM selection I mean.

So basically i need to make the current build to test and see if everything works.

Indeed. Then at least the circuit is confirmed good, and it's much easier to make changes if needed. It also provides a good test bed for the software.

I will get all the parts together. I wish there was a different 33uh coil. It is 8 bucks on digikey. Pretty crazy price. I requested a sample of a a 33 uh coil. Hopefully they will. Ship me one.

I think I'm looking at a different Digikey then.

This one is $0.32 in single units.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/murata-power-solutions-inc/82333C/811-2476-1-ND/3178547

Didn't look at the recommendations the data sheet of the step-up converter. They have a list of suggested inductors.

Did not see that one. Thanks

You can sort by price - click the arrows. That's how this one came up quite high up.

I also need to add a 250k resistor and a 1M ohm or 1.25M ohm? The new schematic says 1M but one of your posts said 1.25M ohm.

That 1.25M is the total of the two - the current path through which you have some current leakage.

You need a 1M and 250k resistor (or a value close to it if you happen to have this on hand, as long as it brings the 4.2-4.3V maximum of the battery down to about 1V)).

Ah, i see now. Thanks i will order parts this week

Looking at the data sheet for the li-ion charger. Does it need a temp sensor to work? Also the battery on addafruit says to charge the battery with no more than 150ma. The output says it is configurable I am guessing it is set with a resistor?

Yes, that's set with a resistor, it's in the schematic.

Cool, that was my assumption. What about the temp sensor? Is it needed for the li-ion charger to function?