sinusoidal and square signal

Hello, i want to know in witch area of use , we use tsinusoidal and square signal.
wahat we can do with sinusoidal and square signal generate from arduino ??
could you tell me some applications that we need to use thos signals :slight_smile:
Thanks

have you tried to google "(Arduino) waveform generator"?

i don't need how to program those wave, i want just where we can use those wave, in witch applications we can find the use of those waves

usually as some sort of Electronic Reference

So do you think is a powerful stuff if we can generate those kind of waves ??

jone31: So do you think is a powerful stuff if we can generate those kind of waves ??

Powerful like influencing certain behaviors? Sure.

I don't understand, could you details more please ??

Well, Nicola Tesla used sine waves for inventions that enable civilization as we know it. :) But you're a little late for that.

BulldogLowell: have you tried to google "(Arduino) waveform generator"?

by the way: do you know a very simple method to generate a sinus wave without complex math?

Try that:

float y;
float x;
float z;

void setup() 
{
y=100;
x=0;
z=0,01;
}

void loop() 
{
x=x+(y*z);
y=y-(x*z);
}

That's it! x is a sinus, y is a cosinus.

Amazing isn't it?

Original Syntax Errors corrected.

RIN67630: Amazing isn't it?

Except for the syntax errors.

jone31: I don't understand, could you details more please ??

A square wave contains an infinite number of of odd harmonics. A sin wave is the fundamental building block of all waveform.

So for an amplifier its square wave response tells you about the bandwidth of the amplifier where as a sin wave tells you precisely the response at that specific frequency.

Grumpy_Mike thanks, could you give me an indistrual application when we use those waves, thanks in witch domain we use those waves thanks

jone31: Grumpy_Mike thanks, could you give me an indistrual application when we use those waves, thanks in witch domain we use those waves thanks

***Sine waves*** Application: AC electric power Domain: Global industrial and domestic power distribution network

Application: Communications Domain: Broadcast and 2-way radio

Thanks

A single square wave is used to measure the impulse response of a system. For example you would use a clap to measure the reverberation in a room. A single explosion is used as the excitation for geological echo returns. Or square waves are used in eddy current flaw detectors for checking tubes for internal fractures.

Sin waves are used for finding the resonate frequency of structures like buildings and bridges. Radio communication involves the generation of sin waves.

I hope I get some good marks for this homework of yours.

thanks

aarg: Except for the syntax errors.

Did you get stuck with it?

RIN67630: Did you get stuck with it?

There are a lot of beginners on this forum. It sets a bad example.

RIN67630: Did you get stuck with it?

Well no but it was totally irrelevant to the question asked. The OP was not looking to generate a wave, he wanted to know the uses of them for his homework.

aarg: ***Sine waves*** Application: AC electric power Domain: Global industrial and domestic power distribution network

Application: Communications Domain: Broadcast and 2-way radio

And newly added: gravitation waves.

SCNR.