Sketch too big

Hi

For my firts Project i found a useful tutorial for a gps tracker.
I buyed the parts and now i will test it with the software.
The sketch is on github for downloading and using.

when i want to compile the sketch, the error message : sketch too big arrives :frowning:
i try to check the correct board ....but with no success.

is it possible to get a little help for me? so i find the project a cool stuff and want to have it run.

thanks (from a beginner)

pat

Please post a link to the sketch.

Which board do you have selected from the Tools > Board menu?

here it is:

The Board is a Arduino Pro Mini (3.3V)

i try with:

• Duemilanove
  • Arduino Pro and Pro Mini

Prozessor: ATMega328P

thanks
pat

Yep got to the same 37kb is a bit more than the small boards can handle, killing the lowpower.h saves 1kb, taking out the swSerial and let the hwSerial do the comm instead i still got to 34kb, where is the tutorial ?

hi

the tutorial is here:

But there is also the same Board....

What version of the Arduino IDE are you using ?

valbuz:
Motion-Sensor/MotionSensor.ino at master · Bjoerns-TB/Motion-Sensor · GitHub

Note that the trasnmission interval;

// Schedule TX every this many seconds
const unsigned TX_INTERVAL = 24; //multiple of 8

Will break the fair useage policy of the free to use The Thngs Network, which limits you to 30 seconds of transmissions per day.

srnet:
Note that the trasnmission interval;

// Schedule TX every this many seconds
const unsigned TX_INTERVAL = 24; //multiple of 8

Will break the fair useage policy of the free to use The Thngs Network, which limits you to 30 seconds of transmissions per day.

Yes, i know, but first it must work :wink:

srnet:
What version of the Arduino IDE are you using ?

valbuz:
hi

the tutorial is here:

Alarmanlage - Wo ist mein geklautes Rad? - Björns Techblog

But there is also the same Board....

yes but somehow the pin connection list does not correspond with the circuit schematic.

valbuz:

I get;

Sketch uses 28758 bytes (93%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.

On version 1.8.5.

srnet:
I get;

Sketch uses 28758 bytes (93%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.

On version 1.8.5.

Great! And how is this possible?
I reinstall arduino completely, no success

Jump to a bigger processor, like '1284. 128K flash, 16K SRAM, dual hardware serial ports, no need to mess with software serial. I offer 1284P boards in several form factors.
www.crossroadsfencing.com
This one is like a Duemilanove (FTR232 for USB/Serial, vs Atmega16U2 on the Uno)

I am using this LMIC library;

srnet:

GitHub - matthijskooijman/arduino-lmic: This library is deprecated, see the README for alternatives.</titl

???

I'm also...

srnet:

GitHub - matthijskooijman/arduino-lmic: This library is deprecated, see the README for alternatives.</titl

I dropped this on into my Libraries folder and now i also have 28,740 bytes (89%) on an UNO
So that is it, it looks the same in the library manager, but obviously it is not.

Deva_Rishi:
I dropped this on into my Libraries folder and now i also have 28,740 bytes (89%) on an UNO
So that is it, it looks the same in the library manager, but obviously it is not.

thanks, i will try...

CrossRoads:
Jump to a bigger processor, like '1284. 128K flash, 16K SRAM, dual hardware serial ports, no need to mess with software serial. I offer 1284P boards in several form factors.
www.crossroadsfencing.com
This one is like a Duemilanove (FTR232 for USB/Serial, vs Atmega16U2 on the Uno)

I completly agree.

For The Things Network (TTN) nodes, by the time you use the standard comms library (LMIC) add a GPS library and a sensor library your really pushing the limits of what an ATmega328 can provide, both in terms of Flash and memory.

Rather than start with a processor thats already maxed out (ATmega328) start with the obvious upgrade, the ATmega1284P.

Yeah actually i've seen complete units that communicate via the companies website you can stick into the frame of you bike (if it's carbon) run on a button-cell for a year or so and cost under E20,-

Deva_Rishi:

That's it!

Don't know why it must do this.

thanks
pat