Sketch will not Compile Eee PC 900

I am using an Eee PC 900—BK072 from the back of the case.

Data from the Asus (Xandros) operating System is:

Bios 0601 Dated 05/26/2008 Software Version Eee PC 1.6.1-a Build Date 2008-07-23 CPU Type Intel Mobil Processor Memory size 2048 megs

I have followed the instructions listed at

http://arduino.cc/playground/Linux/Xandros

for the install of 1.0.1. Sketch installs. After running the sequence listed I get an compile error when attempting an upload of script. This occurs for all program script.

I have done a clean reload of the pc from the asus cd and the problem just repeats. I have tried using the xandros build-essential packages instead of the debian ones but the error repeats again using multiple clean rebuilds from the asus disk.

Arduino Uno version 3 is in use.

Like to have any suggestions on how to get a running sketch.

I get an compile error

• ? -

Script with error message is listed below where ard is the directory where arduino is located:

/home/user/ard/arduino-1.0.1/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++/lib/tls/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /home/user/ard/arduino-1.0.1/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++)

Odd. I thought the Linux Arduino distribution did not include a toolset.

Someone with Linux experience will have to help. The best I can do is tell you that a GCC-AVR shared library is probably missing or corrupt. Or, that your search path is munged.