SLA Battery and A2212

I plan to make a Quadcopter, using 4* A2212 Brushless Motors.

I plan testing them using a SLA 12v Battery. What’s the minimum Ah rate needed for that battery considering that(according to the video) the max Amp rate for the motor is 13 A.
My options are:
1.5 Ah
4 Ah
7 Ah.
I was thinking about the 4 Ah. What do you think guys.

There are good datasheets for such batteries, it will say the discharge characteristics.

adlerr93: I plan to make a Quadcopter, using 4* A2212 Brushless Motors. .......... I was thinking about the 4 Ah. What do you think guys.

I'm thinking about the weight, why SLA and not LiPo?

Of course I'll use Li-po, but for Bench testing I was considering a SLA. My main questions are if:

a) a very low Ah will explode my battery? b) are 7Ah overkill/too much? c) the general equation for the discharge rate a.k.a how much will my battery last with the ESC-Motor continuously connected? with each rate.

SLA are usually rated at C20 so your 4AH unit will give 0.2A for 20hours On a good day you might get around 10 times that amount of current without causing long term damage so let's say around 2amps Doesn't sound very promising, does it

If it's bench testing with a tethered machine you might be better off getting hold of an old car battery and using that for trials, then going to Lipo when you're ready to fly.

jackrae: SLA are usually rated at C20 so your 4AH unit will give 0.2A for 20hours On a good day you might get around 10 times that amount of current without causing long term damage so let's say around 2amps Doesn't sound very promising, does it

If it's bench testing with a tethered machine you might be better off getting hold of an old car battery and using that for trials, then going to Lipo when you're ready to fly. Assuming of course that the battery is connected to the machine by an umbilical line and not expected to get itself airbourne within the machine.

Well, considering the are just for testing if the work, not for anything heavy at all, also the C-rating which I've been looking for is very proper for this app, or not?

Use a proper power supply or a LiPo. You will cook your SLA if you connect 4x13A loads. If the battery browns out, it's quite possible that you will smoke one or more of your ESC's.

Get yourself a LiPo and do it right from the start.

// Per.

I have a 7ah which I use for starting my "proper" heli.

It will provide enough to turn one of your esc for a short test.

If running 4 and flight testing you need a much bigger battery.