Hi all. I’m new to Arduino, I think this is my first post here
Help files located on my local hard drive and accessed from the help menu take an age to fully load. The page content loads, but links and roll-overs are unresponsive for about a minute and the browser tab logo rotates. I sometimes get a “Page unresponsive” message.
Same behaviour with
- Windows Edge browser
- files accessed from explorer
- closing and re-opening the browser
- Clicking back and forward buttons
- all locally stored Arduino help files
- disconnecting USB cable from Arduino
Things that are OK:
- process activity in task manager
- Transfer of programs to Uno and Mega. < 10 seconds.
- File address (Arduino reference home page): file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Arduino/reference/www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/HomePage.html
- Arduino 1.6.7
- Windows 10 (fully updated)
- Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 m
I’m not sure if this is a browser problem, but if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them!
I’m a novice (ex PICer). Please be gentle.