Small angles below 10 degree control.

Can anyone explain the following?

I used the Knob example to move my servo using a potentiometer, starting from 0 degree, i turned the pot slowly, and the servo is capable of moving almost 1 degree at a time, i.e moves for small degrees, now using servo.write(), when i tell the servo to move any degrees from 1 to 9 from its current position, it doesn't! is it anything to with the fact the pot input is analog??

xjacobll: is it anything to with the fact the pot input is analog??

That shouldn't matter.

Are you displaying the servo positions with the knob example? If not add a serial statement with the servo position so you can see the actual values written to the servo.

DuaneDegn: Are you displaying the servo positions with the knob example? If not add a serial statement with the servo position so you can see the actual values written to the servo.

you're right, checked the servo position using a serial statement, and the servo starts to move from 0 when the value is 13 degrees.

i guess won't be buying any of these cheap servos ever again!!!

thanks

xjacobll: you're right, checked the servo position using a serial statement, and the servo starts to move from 0 when the value is 13 degrees.

thanks

It's not the servos fault the servo library's default endpoints were outside the servo's range. You'll find many expensive servos with endpoints outside the default range used by the servo library.

I think the default endpoints are outside the range of most hobby servos whether or not the servos were expensive.

you're right, checked the servo position using a serial statement, and the servo starts to move from 0 when the value is 13 degrees.

Have you tried using the writeMicroseconds() instead of write()? You might get the full 180 degree of rotation.