Hi! I'm a total newbie and I have a couple of questions that I'm having trouble finding answers for before I buy the parts that I need.
I want to build something that:
- Access a web page using Ethernet
- Displays a bit of information in a LCD
- Does that when pushing a button
- Works without being plugged to a computer (plugged to a power outlet)
- Has space limitations
Normally I'd go for a starter kit with an Arduino Uno, but the Uno won't fit in the space that I have. So I started looking at other boards and I have some questions:
- Is there any difference for my case between the Mini, the Nano and the Sparkfun Pro Micro?
- Will all of them run Firmata + Johnny Five?
- The Ethernet shield looks about the size of the Uno. Is there something smaller?
- Can I use a laptop-like power adapter with a smaller board?