Small High Torque Motor Ideas

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a project that requires some very small, high torque motors. I need two of these motors, and would like for them to be around an inch in diameter each. They need to pull as much as possible, but I think around 75 oz-in will work. One suggestion that someone gave me is to get some very high rpm motors and use small gearboxes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about this? I'm looking to spend between $100 and $200 for the whole setup. I have no idea how realistic these goals are, but if someone could give me a nudge in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've seen plenty of high torque small dc motors around at low prices. The torque is due to sacrificing output shaft speed. Take a look around at Deal Extreme, Electronics Goldmine, and American Science and Surplus. - Scotty

Pololu has some DC gear motors that may work for you, but as said above, gearing a motor either results in decreased speed and increased torque or increased speed and decreased torque.