Smart Home issues

Hello arduino fans, my name is Diogo and i’m a arduino fan too.

I’m still a newbie in electronic but i’m a quick learner.

My main goal at this moment is to simulate a smart home with a mokup. I want to use leds, moviment sensors, smoke sensores etc.

I can manage wich one individually but the problem is how to use all together.

I know there is shields and breakbroards for each module but i need some help to understand the logic to connect all together.

Thanks to all!!

Whats a 'Smart Home' ?

Does sound like a very tough project for a beginner.

What have you done with an Arduino so far ?

smart home or home automation, whatever you want to call it, for me is the control or automation such as lights, heating, ventilation etc.

I know it's difficult for a beginner i already know that but i don't want to focuse on that, i need to do this project in 6 months.

What i need is some guidence in the beginning, on how to connect all things together.

For example:

If i want to control leds colors and moviment sensores at the same time, how can i do that?

diogosantosPT: smart home or home automation, whatever you want to call it, for me is the control or automation such as lights, heating, ventilation etc.

I know it's difficult for a beginner i already know that but i don't want to focuse on that, i need to do this project in 6 months.

What i need is some guidence in the beginning, on how to connect all things together.

For example:

If i want to control leds colors and moviment sensores at the same time, how can i do that?

Look into ESP8266, MQTT, Raspberry Pi, Node-Red, Home-assistant, Domoticz. That should get you started.

diogosantosPT:

You’re question is far too vague. What do you want them to do? What can you make them do now?

You say that you can do each one individually right? Do you understand the code for each one or do you just have something that you copied from somewhere? If you understand how each one works, then putting them together is just a matter of doing it. If you have no clue because you just copied some code from around, then you should start by learning at least the basics of C++ and start studying the code you have until you understand it.