SmartEverything Fox board LowPower Issue

Hi,

I have an issue with a SmartEverything Fox board where the LowPower library does not seem to work. I am using the ArdunoLowPower library and upon calling LowPower.sleep(60*60*1000)  //1 hour lowpower mode
Reading the current I don't see any changes, I tried uploading a bare "Hello World" program to the board with the Sleep function and no luck.

I am powering the board with a 9V battery. (Also tried a 600mAh Li-Po).

The board should be running at around 30uA in low power mode instead it is consuming 23mA. Since it is an ARM architecture SAMD21 MCU it is designed for low power operation. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What do you think 60 * 60 * 1000? What does the Arduino say it is?

How does that differ from what 60UL * 60 * 1000 is, to you and the Arduino?

PaulS:
What do you think 60 * 60 * 1000? What does the Arduino say it is?

How does that differ from what 60UL * 60 * 1000 is, to you and the Arduino?

What are you trying to say ? The time variable is completely irrelevant. In this example it is used as the time until the device is wakes up i.e is activated from Low Power mode by using the internal timer interrupt.

Edit: I should probably mention I have tried using the function without the timer as an infinite Sleep.

The time variable is completely irrelevant.

Really? Then why do you need to supply a value?

PaulS:
Really? Then why do you need to supply a value?

I understand, the constructor is versatile and can work with supplied values in case of just calling the function it defaults to an infinite timer as I have previously mentioned.

Does anyone have any sort of idea as to why the device does not transition into LowPower mode ? I was going to program the MCU in C but I simply did not have time for that.

I understand, the constructor is versatile and can work with supplied values in case of just calling the function it defaults to an infinite timer as I have previously mentioned.

But, you DO supply a value. The value is garbage. So, you are supplying what appears to be a negative interval.