Smartphone display with Arduino

Hi,

I was looking for a larger graphical display for my arduino project, I currently use the 5110 Nokia one, and got an idea - I have several unused smartphones at home, I think a Moto G4 which had a bathtub dip, a Google phone 1st generation, some even older windows CE devices.... these all have intact displays... Is it somehow possible to wire their displays for arduino use, and especially, is it possible at low cost, under that of an aliexpress 5" LED?

Modern phone panels typically use low voltage differential interfaces.
Even if you can find the appropriate command set, they're not easy to drive.
You'd better hope they're command mode panels, and not video mode.

There are plenty of inexpensive, larger and better displays to use besides the Nokia 5110. You didn't specify if you need color, but here are a few choices:

1.5" 96x68 monochrome ~ $2
2" 128x64 monochrome ~ $4
2.8" 240x320 color - $7
3.2" 320x480 color $8-10

Once you go above 3.2", the price starts to rise. These all have simple SPI interfaces that will work similarly to the Nokia 5110.

Thanks! I got a pair of I2C 0,96" displays. I do not need high performance, but some better resolution due to info amount... I am also a bit limited in terms of pins. Most higher resolution screens need more pins, usually abusing many A-pins which I need all even on a mega, is there a way to connect something like ST7735 or ILI9225 based screen over I2C (except of course using another arduino for them, and making my main arduino tell the info over i2C...)

PetrOsipov:
Thanks! I got a pair of I2C 0,96" displays. I do not need high performance, but some better resolution due to info amount... I am also a bit limited in terms of pins. Most higher resolution screens need more pins, usually abusing many A-pins which I need all even on a mega, is there a way to connect something like ST7735 or ILI9225 based screen over I2C (except of course using another arduino for them, and making my main arduino tell the info over i2C...)

There aren't a whole lot of dot matrix I2C displays beyond the SSD1306. I've been looking for one as well. Some screens support 3-wire SPI mode (which requires bit-banging the protocol), but the screens you mentioned require only 4 wires (MOSI, CLK, RESET, D/C). Those wires can be shared among multiple displays with 1 unique CS (chip select) to enable each display for listening to new data. If you're only connecting one screen, then the CS and backlight pins can be tied to the correct logic levels and not take any GPIO pins.