Snapshot of version and libraries used

Dear all,

does someone know how you can get a list or a snapshot of your current arduino IDE version at a certain time with all its libraries?

This is because of the following, I have a project and it works great but only when certain versions of libraries are installed and with a certain IDE... When I update the program and libraries my code no longer works. Hence the question if it is possible to make a backup of the Arduino IDE and run this one for this project. I looked it up but can't fine anything but I am sure I am not the only one facing this problem. Thanks in advance! tom

The best way to do this is by running the Arduino IDE in portable mode: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/PortableIDE Use the "Windows ZIP file for non admin install" version of the Arduino IDE if you're using Windows.

As long as you leave File > Preferences > Sketchbook location set to a subfolder of the portable folder, that will cause everything to be stored under the Arduino IDE installation folder. Then, you only need to backup that single folder, perhaps with the project saved to the sketchbook folder too.

Thank you very much! Is exactly what I was looking for!

thanks

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance. Enjoy! Per