So I have the nifty new library..

I can't find the link to the instructions to getting a library into the library manager. I had them once. Talked about doing a release of your library one Github, then you had to post somewhere on Github to have it added to the Arduino stuff..

Anyone have this handy?

thanks!

-jim lee

Here it is:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

How in the world do people find this? All the links were how to use a library or WAY outdated on how to write one.

Here's the library I'm adding : LC_lilParser

I'd love it if you'd give it a whirl.

-jim lee

jimLee:
How in the world do people find this?

It is a little bit tricky to find the documentation that's hosted on GitHub. It seems pretty frequent that when I point people to that content they are surprised to find it exists.

Probably the expectation is that all the documentation is hosted somewhere on arduino.cc. However, this is a tricky thing because it's very important to maintain a good experience for beginners and a beginner has absolutely no use for the developer-targeted documentation, so if they stumble across this sort of content, it could make them think that using Arduino is more difficult than it actually is. For this reason, it's nice to have the clear separation of the arduino.cc content being for the users and the GitHub content being for the developers. It would be nice to find a solution to make the developer content more visible though, while still making it clear that this is not something the user needs to read.

jimLee:
I'd love it if you'd give it a whirl.

I ran it through my Library Manager submission validation script and it passed. My script isn't 100% reliable, but it's somewhere in the region of 99% so I think it will be accepted without problems the next time Cristian Maglie clears the outstanding Library Manager requests out of the issue tracker.

pert:
It would be nice to find a solution to make the developer content more visible though, while still making it clear that this is not something the user needs to read.

Perhaps there could be a link on arduino.cc to "Additional information for developers and experienced programmers"

...R