Soccer Goal Lights

Hi everyone. I want to create something like Fitlight.

What should one cone do?
One central computer or app has to send a signal to a cone. The cone had to lit up. If it feels a vibration (from a ball against a wooden board, on which the cone is attached) it has to turn the light off, and send a signal to the central computer. The central computer has to randomly send a signal to another cone and the process repeats itself.

The main computer has to have two options. Set a time (like one minute) and count the times when a cone is turned off by a vibration (ie. is hit by a ball).

One cone contains?
Led lights
Vibration sensor
Arduino or Raspberry Pi
Bluetooth
Battery (must be able to charge with usb)

My questions:

• Do you think Arduino is the way to go for this?
  • Could someone help me with the parts list for this (for two cones) and the main computer/app

Soccer Goal Lights.pdf (91.9 KB)

I would use a Wemos D1 Mini in each cone and communicate to the "central" computer over WiFi using MQTT.
There's no problem using USB to charge a battery to power the microcomputers, but your biggest hurdle will be the LED. Assuming that this is for daytime activities, the LED will have to be awfully bright, likely an array of LEDs. And that much LED intensity will draw a lot of power, meaning large batteries. Charging those by USB would probably take overnight, or longer.

I would start the project by finding the LEDs that can be seen from a distance in the day, then measure the current requirement. Then you can calculate your battery requirements.

The logic of the rest of the project sounds pretty straightforward. If you go to any Raspberry forum, you will get a similar response. I think the Arduino small boards would draw considerably less power than the Raspberry Pi or Pi Mini- by an order of magnitude. So consider that in your decision process.

Hope this helps.