Software Serial and the Arduino Pro mini

I am wanting to connect two Arduino Pro mini's via Software Serial. I see in the Software Serial lib notes that there are pins on some of the different Arduino's that can't be used for SS, are there any such pins on the Pro mini? I'm not in a position to test this atm or I would check this my self. On one of the pro minis the only available pins are the Analog pin 6 and 7. If these are not usable for the SS I can set them as Digitals and free up a couple digital pins if need be.

Thanks!

To be used for the SoftwareSerial RX pin the according ATmega pin has to support a pin change interrupt. On a standard Arduino with an ATmega328 or ATmega168 processor all GPIO pins support that. On the Mega2560 you have to take care for that because there not all GPIOs support that functionality.

Your Arduino Pro Mini uses a ATmega168, so you can choose any of the pins.

A6 & A7 are analog input ONLY. They can not be used as digital outputs at all.

There are no A6 & A7 on a Arduino Pro Mini or did I miss something? The processor has ADC6 and ADC7 but as far as I know none of the official Arduino products use these two pins.

pylon: Your Arduino Pro Mini uses a ATmega168, so you can choose any of the pins.

Actually it is the 328 16mhz version.

A6 & A7 are analog input ONLY. They can not be used as digital outputs at all.

Well that stinks. I could swap them with 4 & 5 then use 4 & 5 - but that brings up the question maybe going I2C would be better if I'm going to use 4 & 5. The 2 Arduinos are on the same board. hummmm

There are no A6 & A7 on a Arduino Pro Mini or did I miss something?

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11113