software serial issues

hiya

just wondered if anyone had encountered a similar problem

i am having issues using the softwareserial library, the same issue occurs regardless of
which version of software i use, who’s computer i use, what board i have plugged in (wont make a difference as sketch does not compile anyway), whatever code i am using (though obviously if code is incorrect other errors occur first) even just trying to compile a sketch with nothing but the “#include” for the library, still throws up the same error

the error are shown in a screen shot in the attached picture

What version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

Post your code that demonstrates the problem so I can try it.

Post the error messages as text, not as a picture.

…R

SoftwareSerial is distributed with the IDE. Get rid of the (ancient) copy you have in your sketchbook libraries folder.

Robin2:
What version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

Post your code that demonstrates the problem so I can try it.

Post the error messages as text, not as a picture.

...R

did you pay no attention to the original message?
i stated the error is present regardless of code, so which of the 15 various sketches would you like to try?
i also stated the error is present regardless of software version, implying the chances are i've tried most of them? included the most up to date, 1.0.6, and the newer beta

thank you however to PaulS, though i had imported only the version of software serial that came with the 1.0.6 IDE deleting my ancient version seemed to clear up most of the issues

I just cannot physically read the error messages. Would you be willing to post the text, any format , just text will do.
I have included SoftwareSerial in one of the canned examples. The SoftwareSerial was included in compiler success messages and the sketch works as expected. No errors.
I am not interested in “he said / she said” just curious since I have had some issues using Serial few times.
Cheers Vaclav

SeanHowson:
did you pay no attention to the original message?

Apparently not enough. Sorry.
I think I was distracted trying to make sense of your picture.

...R